picnic shelter rentals
What Do I Need to Know?
Key Pen Parks has three picnic shelters that are available for rental reservations: Gateway Park, Home Park, and Volunteer Park. Shelters are rented for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours. The shelters are not officially rented out on federal holidays or days with Key Pen Parks special events.
- Rentals must be made at least 7 days in advance.
- If the pavilion or shelters are not available on the day you are requesting, please know that we do not allow pop up tents on park property, unless it is a park sanctioned event.
- Please, do not hang or adhere anything to the pavilion or shelters.
- Inflatable bounce houses are NOT allowed at any of the park properties due to liability issues.
- Timeline does not apply to Special Event Permits, Local and Non-Profit Business Events. If you are interested in hosting a larger event at one of our parks, please visit our KPP Sanctioned Events page.
STEP 1: Which Shelter Best Fits My Needs?
We recommend taking a trip out to the shelters to check out which one is best for your activity/event! Kindly be advised that reservations are not necessary for Home Park and Volunteer Park, as they operate on a first-come, first-served basis. However, please note that Gateway Pavilion does require advance reservations for your convenience.
You can also check out each park's amenities at these links here:
STEP 2: How Do I Actually Reserve the Picnic Shelter?
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 313-8949, or call our main office line at (253) 884-9240.
- Fill out and submit this survey to request your reservation:
- Our team will contact you via the email you provide in the form to confirm your reservation details before you pay.
- After you receive an email from our team in response to your reservation request, your reservation will be temporarily held for two (2) business days if you are paying by credit card and three (3) business days if you are paying by check. If, after this window closes, we still have not received payment for your rental, your reservation block will no longer be held and may be given away to another interested party.
- When your payment is received, you will be emailed a letter of confirmation from our team that will complete your reservation.
- Signs will be placed on the shelter before your event to let the public know it has been reserved for your specific time and date. In case the signs are removed, be sure to bring your letter with you on the day of your event for proof of your reservation.
- For any issues that arise with your reservation, please call the phone number on your rental confirmation letter.
Cancellation/ Refund Policy:
- Refund Processing Fee: A $5.00 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds requested more than 7 days before the rental start date.
- Cancellations Within 7 Days: Refunds and credits will not be granted for cancellations within 7 days of the picnic shelter rental start date. However, exceptions may be considered for uncontrollable situations, subject to approval by the Executive Director.
- Exceptions for Uncontrollable Situations: Exceptions for uncontrollable situations may include unforeseen emergencies or circumstances beyond your control. Please contact us promptly to discuss your situation. Note: Rainy weather, while inconvenient, is not considered an uncontrollable situation for refund purposes.
- Reprocessing Fee for Returned Checks: A $40.00 reprocessing fee will be charged for returned checks.
- Convenience Charge: A 3% convenience charge will be automatically added to your total.
Your reservation is not complete until your payment has been processed and you have received a letter of confirmation from our office. All renters must adhere to the park rules.