Rent One of Our Picnic Shelters!
What Do I Need to Know?
Payment portals can be found at the bottom of the page.
Key Pen Parks has three picnic shelters that are available for rental reservations: Gateway Park, Home Park, and Volunteer Park. Shelters are rented for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours. The shelters are not officially rented out on federal holidays or days with Key Pen Parks special events.
- If the pavilion or shelters are not available on the day you are requesting, please know that we do not allow pop up tents on park property, unless it is a park sanctioned event.
- Please, do not hang or adhere anything to the pavilion or shelters.
- Inflatable bounce houses are NOT allowed at any of the park properties due to liability issues.
- Timeline does not apply to Special Event Permits, Local and Non-Profit Business Events. If you are interested in hosting a larger event at one of our parks, please visit our KPP Sanctioned Events page.
Which Shelter Should I Rent?
How Do I Actually Reserve the Picnic Shelter?
If you have any questions, contact Trielle at email@example.com or (253) 358-5465, or call our main office line at (253) 884-9240.
The following dates are mostly full! If you would like a rental on one of these dates, please call or email our Office and Outreach Coordinator to check availability before submitting a rental request.
- All weekends in May are completely full. June weekends are starting to fill up!
- Fill out and submit this survey to request your reservation:
- Our team will contact you via the email you provide in the form to confirm your reservation details and intended payment method (do not pay until your reservation has been confirmed!).
- After you receive an email from our team in response to your reservation request, your reservation will be temporarily held for two (2) business days if you are paying by credit card and three (3) business days if you are paying by check. If, after this window closes, we still have not received payment for your rental, your reservation block will no longer be held and may be given away to another interested party.
- When your payment is received, you will be emailed a letter of confirmation from our team that will complete your reservation.
- Signs will be placed on the shelter before your event to let the public know it has been reserved for your specific time and date. In case the signs are removed, be sure to bring your letter with you on the day of your event for proof of your reservation.
- For any issues that arise with your reservation, please call the phone number on your rental confirmation letter.
Your reservation is not complete until your payment has been processed and you have received a letter of confirmation from our office.
All renters must adhere to the park rules.
Paying with Credit Card...
Cancellation/Refund Policy: A $5.00 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds when requested more than one week prior to the shelter rental date. Refunds and credits requested less than one week prior to the start date of the picnic shelter rental will not be granted, unless authorized by the Executive Director. A $40.00 reprocessing fee will be charged on returned checks.